During 1910 the Canadian Locomotive Company constructed 2-6-0 No.1024 (serial #937) for the Grand Trunk Railway of Canada. These stout Mogul-types could be found all across the Dominion, but were used mostly on branch lines on the rolling prairies where the grades were not too steep and the trains were not too long.
The steamer was renumbered 926, and during GTR’s 1923 merger with the Canadian National Railway this locomotive was renumbered as CN 96.
Purchased in 1961 by Steamtown’s F. Nelson Blount, No.96 was not steamed-up, but, rather, was cannibalized for spare parts to keep his other locos under steam.
When Steamtown prepared to move to its new home in Scranton, Pa., No.96 was deemed surplus to the collection and this 2-6-0 was sold to Horst Muller of Canada.
The locomotive languished in Brantford, Ontario for many years.
In 1994 the locomotive was purchased by Jerry Jacobson who moved it down to his Ohio Central Railroad System.
Today the century-old 2-6-0 sits in the Age of Steam Roundhouse just outside of Sugarcreek.