Originally built as Kelly's Creek & Northwestern Railroad Company #6, Locomotive #13 was one of three well-kept 2-8-0's on the Buffalo Creek & Gauley Railroad. The BC&G purchased the consul from Midwest Steel Corporation in 1954 and immediately put her to work on the 18.6 miles between Dundon and Widen, WV. Famous for pulling coal trains on the BC&G, she also hauled timber and lesser freight on this West Virginia shortline. 13 and her sisters transported a million tons of coal per year, a feat which gained them respect and admiration from all who maintained and ran them.
Following retirement in the early sixties, #13 saw service on many small and short lived tourist operations until 1980, when she was moved to Logansport, IN. Here she was fired up and ran for the Iron Horse Festival each year.
Then late in 1992, she was purchased by Jerry Jacobson as a back-up locomotive to #1551 for his Ohio Central Sugarcreek tourist train operation. Returned to service in 1994, 13 took turns pulling passengers to Baltic and back during the operating season. In 1997, she made her return to the "high-iron" pulling a 12-car coal train with an authentic red caboose for Ohio Central's first ever "SteamFest"